Kick off the holiday season with Do It Green! Minnesota’s 11th Annual Green Gifts Fair on Saturday, November 19th from 10am-5pm at Midtown Global Market in Minneapolis. Shop among 80+ local, eco-friendly artists and businesses; enjoy holiday food samples, educational passport and prizes, and many green living demos.
The Green Gifts Fair is a fun, family-friendly event with an estimated attendance of 6,000. A $1 donation will be accepted at the doors. Visit www.doitgreen.org for more details.
HIGHLIGHTS AT THE FAIR
* 80+ total vendors * Food Samples * Nature Activities * Photo Booth * Family Passport with prizes * Music * Silent Auction
A sampling of the Green Activities and Demos you will find at the Green Gifts Fair:
· Puppet shows: “The Way of the Monarch” follows the spectacular metamorphosis and migration of the monarch butterfly (hobt.org) and Mason Meets a Mason Bee (lawnchairgardener.com) at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
· Free transit rides from Metro Transit (metrotransit.org)
· Educational Passport Stations with Prizes from Otogawa-Anschel (otogawa-anschel.com)
· Make your own non-toxic cleaner to take home (mwmo.org) · Pick up free seeds or make seed balls for butterflies (gardeningmatters.org) · Drop off your old holiday lights for recycling (recycleminnesota.org)
· Eco friendly gift wrap, gift tags and reusable bags (doitgreen.org)
· Low waste holiday party planning (eurekarecycling.org)