PLEASE JOIN US for a “Table Topics” forum to learn more about important strategies you can implement to protect our local waters.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 9:30-NOON
LYNNHURST COMMUNITY CENTER
Agenda: Keynote Speaker—Matt Kumka, Landscape Architect, Barr Engineering, “Landscaping for Water Quality”
Table Topics—Choose your topics (see below) and get your questions answered by experts & knowledgeable residents
Information Tables—Check out many resources available to help you implement strategies
Table topics will include:
- Rain gardens—Matt Kumka, Barr Engineering
- Blooming Alleys—David Brown & Karen Strand, residents participating in Lynnhurst Blooming Alleys project
- Lawn Alternatives—Jennifer Ehlert, Metro Blooms
- Logistics and benefits of street sweeping and storm drain clean-up—Bob Wolk, resident
- Low Salt Diet Recommended (strategies for winter maintenance)—Joe Knaeble, Master Water Steward
- Organic Lawn Care—Bob Dahm, Organic Lawns
Information tables will include: Metro Blooms/Blue Thumb, Master Water Stewards, Minneapolis Storm Drain Stenciling
Program, Organics Recycling and more.
Enter to win one of several door prizes!