Looking to order a tree? You’ve come to the right place! Check back here to order on March 21st, this is the order date for the 13th Ward. All trees available are $25.00 each.
If you ordered a tree last year through our program, you’re in our system! If you would like to retrieve your password, please click here. (Note: You will not be able to order a tree during this time, only reset your password).
This popular program sells out quickly. Early ordering is recommended. Set your clocks for 9:00 am!
Ordering for the Minneapolis Tree Sale opens Monday, March 7 at 9:00 am for wards 3, 4, 5, 6 and 10 ONLY. 25% of the trees will be available for the ward pre-sale (no trees will be sold out when the sale opens city-wide).
The tree sale opens city-wide, including the 13th Ward where Lynnhurst is located, on Monday, March 21 at 9:00 am. Trees available are listed on the website.
You can pick up your ordered tree at the tree distribution at the Minneapolis Impound Lot on:
- Saturday, May 21 (8:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Sunday, May 22 (8:00 am – 2:00 pm)
- Monday, May 23rd (3:00 – 7:00 pm)
Things to consider:
- Only property owners of Minneapolis are eligible to participate in this program.
- You may order one tree per property, maximum of three properties.
- You cannot plant on the boulevard (between sidewalk & street).
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- You will receive a brochure containing information about tree planting and care when you pick up your tree.
- Save money on energy by planting large shade trees on the west or east side of your home.
- Trees will vary in size depending on species; average between 3-8′ tall.
- Large shade trees should be planted at least 15 feet away from nearby power lines and/or buildings.
- For more information, contact Karen at Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886
- Alternatively, the North Minneapolis Free Tree program will again be available this year. To sign up for a free tree that will be planted by Tree Trust in the fall, please visit this page.