- When: October 19, 2013 9:30 am-12 pm
- Where: Meet at the bridge over the creek at 49th street.
- Register by October 14. To register, sign up at the Lynnhurst Community center OR email Lynnhurst.firstname.lastname@example.org
why is buckthorn so bad?
- Buckthorn squeezes out native plants for nutrients, sunlight and moisture. It literally chokes out surrounding trees and makes it impossible for any new growth to take root under its canopy of dense vegetation.
- Buckthorn degrades wildlife habitats and alters the natural food chain and growth of an otherwise healthy forest.
- Buckthorn can host pests like Crown Rust Fungus and Soybean Aphids. It lacks “natural controls” like insects or disease that would curb its growth.
Sponsored by Lynnhurst Neighborhood Association & Lynnhurst Environmental Committee