By all accounts, the new Minneapolis One-Sort Recycling Program is getting rave reviews in the Lynnhurst Neighborhood and surrounding Southwest community. The city reports a high participation rate in our area and it seems residents are doing a pretty good job of recycling correctly. Some helpful reminders include:
- Never include garbage, plastic bags/wrappers or syringes in the recycling cart.
- Always empty and rinse your containers before placing into the one-sort cart.
- Flatten corrugated cardboard boxes so they take up less space.
- Include shredded paper, as before, in closed paper bags.
- Include clean plant pots up to 8” in diameter.
- Don’t overload your cart—the weight limit is 200 pounds.
- Extra recyclables may be placed next to the recycling cart in a cardboard box, a paper bag or in another container no larger than 30 gallons in size.
- Have your recycling cart at your collection point by 6:00 a.m. on your recycling day.
- In the winter, remember to shovel a 3-foot wide path to your cart, including snow left by the plow.
For further questions, call 612-673-2917 or see the Minneapolis Solid Waste and Recycling website, “What To Do List” for all of the up-to-date information. Also, see Hennepin County A to Z Guide for information on safely disposing of household hazardous waste.